There are six ways to actively participate in the Hawai‘i TESOL Conference 2018:
1. 20 minute Paper: A presentation of a paper on any practical aspect of language teaching. (20 minutes)
2. 40 minute Paper: A presentation of a paper on any practical or theoretical aspect of language teaching or research. (40 minutes)
3. Workshop: A hands-on demonstration of any practical aspect of language teaching. (40 minutes)
4. Panel Discussion: A panel to discuss a current teaching, political or research issue in the field of ESL/EFL. (40 minutes)
5. Poster Session: A poster presentation of a teaching practice or research finding to informally share with participants at a designated time. The session is open to students as well as practicing professionals (45 minutes)
6. Publishers’ Session: Demonstrate how a textbook or other teaching materials can be applied in the classroom (for publisher representatives only).
Your proposal must include the following information (listed in the following order):
1. Your contact information: given name, family name, department, affiliation, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
2. Your co-presenter’s contact information (if applicable).
3. Title of the presentation (maximum 10 words).
4. Presentation category: 20 minute paper, 40 minute paper, workshop, panel discussion, poster session, or publishers’ session.
5. Equipment needs: LCD projector, Internet access, and/or computer.
6. A summary of the presentation (maximum of 50 words) for the conference program.
7. An abstract (maximum of 250 words) with a brief background description of the topic and a synopsis of the presentation that explains its: 1) purpose, 2) benefit to participants, 3) intended target audience such as primary/secondary or university students; novice instructors; or experienced instructors 4) level of audience participation (i.e. none, question/answer or highly interactive) and 5) methodology.
8. A biographical note (maximum of 40 words) to be used by the session chair to introduce you.
Proposals with incomplete or missing information will be excluded from consideration.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Deadline Dec 21, 2018,
Notification will be given as soon as possible after the deadline. Poster Submissions will be accepted until January 25, 2018.
NOTE: We have a limited number of presentation slots for this conference. Preference will be given to qualified submissions before the deadline.